Latest News

College History

College History

Archbishop Vining College of Theology, Oke-Emeso Street, Akure, was established by the Church Missionary Society (CMS) missionaries in 1917 initially as a training centre (Akure Training Centre) for girls to become useful and responsible housewives. In 1963 it became a centre for training Anglican catechists and was named Vining Christian Leadership Centre in honour of Archbishop Leslie Gordon Vining, who was the Bishop of Lagos Diocese from 1940 to 1955 and the first Archbishop of the Province of West Africa (1951-1955).

In 1983, it metamorphosed into a full theological college training people for the ordained ministry of the Anglican Church. Having been accredited by the NUC, it offers a Diploma in Theology, Diploma in Religious Studies and B.A. (Hons) degree of the University of Ibadan. It has commenced studies that will lead to the award of Bachelor’s degree in Theology, full time and part-time whilst also training people for church ministry through its TEE/TMM programmes. It continues to provide annual women leadership and empowerment training for clergywives.

SYMBOLS

The College’s motto is Ye are the Light of the World (Matt. 5:14) while its academic hood reflects this in the use of yellow and green.  The yellow indicates the sun shining on the earth or God’s vegetation through the word of God. And because it is set on the hill, it shines and cannot be hidden. It is expected that its students go to reflect God’s light in the world.

Comments are closed.

©2013- 2016 Archbishop Vining College Of Theology Akure. All Rights Reserved Descargar musica